Ever wonder what the database connection is to your Shared Services repository? Wonder what products you have installed on which servers in a distributed environment? Do you wonder if someone might have made a change to your installation after the consultants left? Maybe your consultants gave you some documentation and it’s not very good, so how can you ever decipher your environment?
Never fear, with the introduction of 184.108.40.206, the Deployment Report is here. But wait, the title says and 220.127.116.11 – that’s right, with an Oracle patch, you can also run a deployment report against your 18.104.22.168 environment.
So, how to run this magnificent report? Simply log into one of your servers and navigate to the Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\epmsystem#\bin directory and execute the epmsys_registry.bat/.sh script with a parameter of “report deployment”.
- Log into any of the servers in your deployment.
- Open the Start menu and type “cmd” in the Search Programs and Files text box to open a Command Prompt window
- Change the directory to the “…\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\epmsystem#\bin” directory
- Type in “epmsys_registry.bat report deployment” and press enter
- The script runs and will create an HTML file (which also gets stored on the server) with the information about your deployment.
On EPM 22.214.171.124, you must first apply patch #13530721 or, just go ahead and update your system to 126.96.36.199.600 since this patch exception is included in that PSU.
Oracle has been busy releasing their latest patch set update (PSU) to the 188.8.131.52 EPM products.
I found out today that Planning has a new update to 184.108.40.206.300 that was released just yesterday (Sept. 11, 2012). Here is the current breakdown of 220.127.116.11.300 Patches:
- Patch 13925741: Patch Set Update: 18.104.22.168.300 for Oracle Hyperion Calculation Manager
- Patch 13936087: Patch Set Update: 22.214.171.124.300 for Oracle Hyperion Reporting and Analysis for Workspace
- Patch 14012782: Patch Set Update: 126.96.36.199.300 for Oracle Hyperion Data Relationship Management 188.8.131.52
- Patch 14031912: Patch Set Update: 184.108.40.206.300 for Oracle Hyperion Enterprise Performance Management Architect
- Patch 14200932: Patch Set Update: 220.127.116.11.300 for Oracle Hyperion Reporting and Analysis for Interactive Reporting
- Patch 14571007: Patch Set Update: 18.104.22.168.302 for Oracle Hyperion Data Relationship Management 22.214.171.124
- Patch 13967787: ERPI PATCHSET UPDATE 126.96.36.199.300
- Patch 13997553: Patch Set Update: 188.8.131.52.300 for Oracle Hyperion Reporting and Analysis for Financial Reporting
- Patch 14483649: Patch Set Update: 184.108.40.206.301 for Oracle Hyperion Financial Management
- Patch 14173894: Patch Set Update: 220.127.116.11.300 for Oracle Hyperion Financial Data Quality Management
- Patch 14244112: Patch Set Update: 18.104.22.168.300 for Oracle Hyperion Financial Close Management
All of the above patches can be obtained by licensed Oracle clients at the https://support.oracle.com site. Happy patching!
Just last week Oracle released a new Patch Set Update (PSU) to EPM 22.214.171.124 making it now compatible with Internet Explorer 9. The patches are as follows:
- 126.96.36.199.600 for Oracle Enterprise Performance Management System Workspace (Patch 14119724)
- 188.8.131.52.600 for Oracle Hypeiron Shared Services (Patch 14142678)
- 184.108.40.206.600 for Oracle Hyperion Enterprise Performance Management (Patch 14224664)
- 220.127.116.11.600 Oracle Hyperion Planning, Fusion Edition (Patch 14464109)
- 18.104.22.168.600 for Oracle Hyperion Financial Management 22.214.171.124 Fusion Edition (Patch 14354419)
With OPatch, patching really isn’t very hard at all. Enjoy!